What do the DNA Status Descriptions mean?
The status of your DNA test changes over time. The status describes the progress of your sample.
Possible DNA Status
- Pet Profile Created - Your pet's information has been entered by your Club. You can use your DNA World Pet Registry Account. Your DNA samples will soon ship to BioPet Vet Lab for Analysis.
- Sample In Transit - Your DNA sample has been shipped to BioPet Vet Lab.
- DNA Sample Received - Your DNA sample has been received at BioPet Vet Lab. Results should be ready in approximatly 10 business days.
- Processing Second Swab - Not enough DNA was found on your first swab, the lab is running results from your 2nd swab.
- Reswab Requested - Not enough DNA was found on either of your swabs, you will receive a new swab (at no cost). Please refer to our instructions for proper collection techniques and collect another sample.
- DNA Processing Complete - Your Proof of Parentage DNA sample is ready for certification, please login to the DNA World Pet Registry and perform parentage analysis.
- View Results - Your DNA Breed Identification, or DNA Proof of Parentage analysis is complete, click this status update to see your results
- DNA Sample Archived - Your DNA Pet ID, or PooPrints analysis is complete, these product store your pets DNA on the DNA World Pet Registry and physically in the Lab.
- Execute Parentage Test - DNA extraction has been completed, this dog can be parentage tested.
- Print DNA Profile - DNA Extraction has been completed, click to this print or save a DNA Profile Certificate
- View Results - A parentage test has been run for this dog, click this to view the results and print a DNA Proof of Parentage Certificate
How do I change my username?As of January 2012, DNA World Pet Registry users can no longer change their username/account number. This has been done in order to ensure the proper dogs are assocated with the proper users. Remember to write your account number (Typically in the format WPR####) on any corrispondence with BioPet Vet lab.
How do I change my Password?If you would like to change your username, follow these instructions:
Open a browser and navigate to http://www.dnawpr.com.
Click on Account from the home page.
Click the button in the Security box.
Change your password. Passwords are case sensitive.